We are a stakeholder of CEFLEX
CEFLEX is the collaborative initiative of a European consortium of companies and associations representing the entire value chain of flexible packaging.
The CEFLEX Mission is to further enhance the performance of flexible packaging in the circular economy by designing and advancing better system solutions identified through the collaboration of companies representing the entire value chain. CEFLEX is aligned with and fully supporting The Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s Global Commitment for a New Plastics Economy.
- By 2020 flexible packaging will have a comprehensive sustainability and circular economy roadmap for flexible packaging, including widely recognised design guidelines and a robust approach to measure, demonstrate and communicate the significant value that flexible packaging adds to the circular economy.
- By 2025 there will be an established collection, sorting and reprocessing infrastructure/economy developed for post-consumer flexible packaging across Europe, based on end-of-life technologies and processes that deliver the best economic, technical and environmental outcome for a circular economy.
As an active stakeholder of CEFLEX, Krehalon commits to work collaboratively with all members towards the delivery of the CEFLEX Vision.
We are a signatory of the UK Plastics Pact
The UK is demonstrating global leadership in transforming the plastics economy and tackling plastic pollution with the launch of The UK Plastics Pact.
The UK Plastics Pact, led by WRAP, is the first of a global network of such pacts, enabled by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s New Plastics Economy initiative.
The initiative is unique because it unites governments, local authorities, NGOs and businesses involved in producing, selling, collecting and reprocessing plastic, to deliver ambitious targets for change by 2025.
By 2025, the UK Plastics Pact will transform the UK plastic packaging sector and help stop plastics polluting the environment by:
- Eliminating problematic or unnecessary single-use packaging through redesign, innovation or alternative (re-use) delivery models.
- 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable.
- 70% of plastic packaging effectively recycled or composted.
- 30% average recycled content across all plastic packaging.
As a signatory of the UK Plastics Pact, Krehalon commits to work collaboratively with all members of the Pact towards the delivery of its relevant targets.